Sunday, February 25, 2018

Excellent Idea For Annual Bishop/Cardinal Appeal

Most of the United States Catholics have recently been browbeaten asked to contribute to their annual chanceries' appeals.  I'm within the Archdiocese of Washington.  It's bad enough dealing with the routine progressivism that pours forth from the DC chancery.  However, with Cardinal Wuerl apparently playing a role in this Vatican financial flim-flam, the whole idea of contributing to this DC appeal is especially repugnant.  Regrettably I'm sure there are other such situations throughout the country.

Therefore I am grateful for reader/commenter "jmbutk" for his/her suggestion posted as a comment on my latest post on Bishop Paprocki.  He/she intends to divert his/her appeal dollars to the Diocese of Springfield as opposed to his/her home diocese.  I think that is an excellent example to be emulated.  Bishop Paprocki is a bishop worth supporting.

Of course he's not the only one. In this anthology of posts I've recounted the good deeds of several US bishops.  Perhaps some readers would care to donate to these bishops, too.  I haven't time or space to list all their addresses, but it would be a simple matter of googling their names to get the mailing addresses of their chanceries.

Let's support our good bishops with prayers AND with financial resources.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking up my idea. I believe it is a great way to fulfill our duty under Canon 212 §3: "According to the knowledge, competence, and prestige which they possess, they (the faithful) have the right and even at times the duty to manifest to the sacred pastors their opinion on matters which pertain to the good of the Church and to make their opinion known to the rest of the Christian faithful....."

    We need to starve the modernist beasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diocese of Springfield, IL 1615 W. Washington St., Springfield, IL 62702 dio.org

    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of it.....you are correct.....EXCELLENT idea!!!! My Cardinal's Appeal has already come and gone, and of course, being in CHICAGO no way was I going to support Cupich. But, I think I can still support Bishop Paprocki and/or others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing to avoid is those rice bowls that fund CRS and its hierarchy with thie big salaries and which also donates to things against Catholic teachings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't necessarily avoid them. It's a matter of what you put in them! I'll elaborate later.

      Delete

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.